Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Year, New Adventure

Hi friends and family!  Hope everyone is doing well and not too busy (i.e. stressed) with all that the holidays hold!  I am looking forward to a different Christmas this year, one without the usual snow and cold, but thankfully will still involve my beloved family who will be here to visit me in just a few days!  Very excited for that! Well, since the new year is just around the corner, I wanted to take a minute to update everyone on where 2011 will be taking me!

Over the past several months I have felt a conviction and release to leave Belize and move back to the states.  At first I wasn't sure if this was just me missing home or what, so I started praying about what God desires for my next steps.  These prayers kept bringing me to the word "Tahoe," which was funny because since about the 2nd or 3rd week of my DTS (which started last January), that word had repeatedly come up at various times, through various conversations with various people and so on.  Each time it occurred, I wouldn't think much of it, but I did eventually start making notes in my journal when it would come up because it was starting to become really frequent!

I have heard that when God is trying to get your attention about something he'll continue to bring it up again and again until you pay attention and respond to what he's telling you.  So when I prayed and my mind went yet again to the word Tahoe, it finally dawned on me that God had been trying to get my attention about it all along. So I asked the question I should have asked months ago..."God, are you asking me to go to Lake Tahoe?"  and me being my needy self, I also added, "well if you are, you'll need to clearly confirm it...Today!" (I wouldn't recommend putting such ultimatums on God...thankfully he's gracious! :) Well sure enough, that very same day, a random couple walked up off the beach to the base and the man just so happened to be wearing a Lake Tahoe t-shirt!  Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to this couple so I don't know if they were from there or what,  but I definitely took it as confirmation that God really wants me to go to Tahoe.  After all, how random is it that someone wearing that shirt in Belize of all places would happen to come onto our property the same day I prayed that prayer?!

Faith and Obedience.  Two words I've thought a lot about this year, and really when all is said and done, who am I without faith, and why have faith in the first place if you are not going to be obedient to what it calls you to do?  So I'm going to Lake Tahoe out of obedience and faith that there is some purpose for me there, some reason why the God of the Universe went out of his way to get my attention about it.  One really cool and reassuring thing in all of this is that doors and opportunities are repeatedly opening for me as I move forth in planning and preparing to go; already I've been blessed with a place to stay when I get there, and several people who are networking for me and helping me to find jobs.   The rest I'm just leaving to God and trusting that he's got a plan for me once I get there! :)

So, the next few months look like this:  Spend Christmas in Belize with the family, leave Belize on the 29th and spend New Years with old pals in Chicago, move in with my parents in Michigan during the month of January, travel to Indianapolis and Atlanta to love on two of my best friends who are having babies in late January, and then pack up and move to Tahoe early February.  In the midst of all that I need to find a temp job of some sort to help me get back on my feet after this year, and to help me purchase a car since there isn't the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) in Tahoe.  Can you please be praying for me during all this transition?  Also if you know of anyone who is offering short-term employment or selling a trusty car on the cheap, please let me know.

It's going to be super hard leaving my DP family here in Belize but two things make it easier:  one is knowing that I will always be a part of the DP family and have a feeling this isn't the last time they'll see me, and two is the undeniable feeling of being ready to spread my wings and fly after this amazing year of transformation and renewal!  Everyone here has been so supportive of my decision to go to Tahoe and seriously that's what I love about the Body of Christ-just the love and acceptance received, no matter what.

I can't wait to see what this next year holds and am equally as excited to share it all with you!  My blog will continue on so you can be a part of my story as it unfolds in Lake Tahoe!

Love to each one of you and best wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Abundant Blessings,
Brittany



No comments:

Post a Comment